Translate

Wednesday 29 June 2016

The Letter of St. Paul to the Galatians Chapter 1

 

The Letter of St. Paul

 to

 the

 Galatians

Chapter 1

 

 

1. Paul an apostle-sent neither by human commission nor from human authorities, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead-2. and all the members of God's family who are with me To the churches of Galatia:



(The Letter of St. Paul to the Galatians Chapter 1 verses 1 to 2)






Oh God my Father, I would like to start the first letter of St. Paul to the Galatians in the same way, however as in the case of Paul I have no backing from any authority but You my God and Father. I wish that one day I obtain the blessing of the Pope in Your Name so that I have the blessing of the Roman Catholic Church, however, for the time being, I depend solely on Your blessing my God and Father, which is enough for me.





3. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4. who gave himself for our sins to set us free from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5. to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.




(The Letter of St. Paul to the Galatians Chapter 1 verses 3 to 5)


Oh God, my Father how nice it is to keep in mind that we were redeemed by your blood due to our sins, and not to take life for granted as if You never redeemed us at all. For if we adopt this attitude our lives will become without meaning. The day to day patterns of our life will make life become boring if we do not keep in mind that we have a God who loves us and  redeemed us from our sins. Amen.





6. I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel- 7. not that there is another gospel, but there are some who are confusing you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8. But even if we or an angel from heaven should proclaim to you a gospel contrary to what we proclaimed to you, let that one be accursed!





(The Letter of St. Paul to the Galatians Chapter 1 verses 6 to 8)





Oh God, my Father how unfaithful we are, as soon as we are offered a better offer or opportunity we take it immediately and go against You and our faith. The World is offering a gospel of commodity, individualism, something that looks like fairness and democracy which are all opium to the reality of heaven and to the fact, that we have to die and leave all our property and that we can never purchase our life on earth and extend it by means of money. The gospel of the world, is live to your best, now! and invest in a hefty pension plan for the future! However, nobody has a hundred percent assurance that one will reach the age of retirement and live in comfort and style and make good of one's pension plan. There are many who died on retiring from work, therefore it is best to invest in the Gospel of God and not in that of the world Amen.





9. As we have said before, so now I repeat, if anyone proclaims to you a gospel contrary to what you received, let that one be accursed!





(The Letter of St. Paul to the Galatians Chapter 1 verse 9)





Oh God, my father I pray that when praying on the Bible I always remain faithful to the text, for woe to me if I mislead one soul and that soul is harmed to destruction as a result of such prayers and reflections. I pray that You always make me aware of this big responsibility that You have entrusted to me Amen. 





10. Am I now seeking human approval or God's approval? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still pleasing people, I would not be a servant of Christ.





(The Letter of St. Paul to the Galatians Chapter 1 verse 10) 





Oh God my Father this is a very important question that we may all answer in our hearts and in Your presence. Are we people pleasers, and is our personal life, the total opposite of the image that we project in public or online as in my case? Do our actions fit with our belief in You, my, God and Father or are we living the life of hypocrites! I pray that we all stop and reflect on this important issue while we still have the time to pray to You to help us amend our ways Amen.




11. For I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel that was proclaimed by me is not of human origin; 12. for I did not receive it from a human source, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.





(The Letter of St. Paul to the Galatians Chapter 1 verses 11 to 12)





Oh God, my Father there  is nothing impossible for You. Without even being educated or a graduate or a scholar You can turn a non-educated person  into a preacher or give that same person outstanding knowledge that is sound enough to leave those who consider themselves as being wise and intelligent without words Amen.





13. You have heard, no doubt, of my earlier life in Judaism. I was violently persecuting the church of God and was trying to destroy it. 14. I advanced in Judaism beyond many among my people of the same age, for I was far more zealous for the traditions of my ancestors. 15. But when God, who had set me apart before I was born and called me through his grace, was pleased 16. to reveal his Son to me, so that I might proclaim him among the Gentiles, I did not confer with any human being, 17. nor did I go to Jerusalem to those who were already apostles before me, but I went away at once into Arabia, and afterwards I returned to Damascus. 


(The Letter of St. Paul to the Galatians Chapter 1 verses 13 to 17)



Oh God my Father everybody has a particular story to share regarding one's conversion. That special day or moment, or situation when we came face to face with the reality that You really and truly exist in our life. When You chose to reveal Yourself to us. These are glorious moments to be remembered and even celebrated my God and Father. Throughout the course of my existence without my being aware You had been preparing me for this moment that led to my being able to share my prayers online and help others experience You Amen.





18. Then after three years I did go up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days; 19. but I did not see any other apostle except James the Lord's brother.





(The Letter of St. Paul to the Galatians Chapter 1 verses 18 to 19)





Oh God, Your timing is not according to our timing. We make plans to do this and that, but this is not always the right time to make such a move. Therefore somehow or other You make us aware either directly, through prayer or by other means that the time is either perfect or we still need to wait for the chosen time according to Your Will Amen. 



20. In what I am writing to you, before God, I do not lie! 21. Then I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia, 22. and I was still unknown by sight to the churches of Judea that are in Christ; 23. they only heard it said, "The one who formerly was persecuting us is now proclaiming the faith he once tried to destroy." 24. And they glorified God because of me.



(The Letter of St. Paul to the Galatians Chapter 1 verses 20 to 24)



Oh God my Father I would like to end this chapter with the following prayer;-




Oh God, my Father I thank You from my heart for giving me this great opportunity of being able to share the Good News online by means of this blog, facebook, twitter and in the future even on Youtube if it is Your will. I pray that Your Good News reaches the end of the earth so that nobody will be denied the opportunity of making an intimate experience of You Amen. I pray of all who receive this blog that you share the following link:-



http://bibleanalyis2003.blogspot.com.mt/p/bible-analysis.html












 

No comments:

Post a Comment